Tuesday, September 17, 2013

I am not 20 anymore

It really is not something one would care to admit, is it? I mean in reality we would like to believe that we still can look good in anything, especially the 'trends' for the next season. But let's be realistic. How many of those trends do you actually like ? My guess is possibly one or two would you be able to feasibly work into your fall line up. 
We like to look that is human nature, to ooh and ahh at the pretty and whimsical things that catch our eye. But when it comes down to it most of us stick with what we know to be long lasting practical fashion sense. We don't consider ourselves fashionistas  or even fashion forward. Being that way is fine, but learn to shake things up a bit. 
It is amazing what a simple pop of color can do to a typically brown or black fall outfit. While I love the look of an oversized sweater with jeans and the too cute boots, reality is those too cute boots don't like my larger sized calf muscles. Trust me I tried to lose weight and two places held their ground. My boobs and my calves. The more I walked the bigger the calves got. While I love the fact that I have nice legs and strong muscles in them. I would be a liar to say I didn't envy the girls would could get on those darling boots with the fringe top that goes to their knees. Sighs. But that is the body I am dealing with.
So while I can't always pull of the latest fashion, nor do I always want to, I can make some small changes to basics that are always in style to add pop and flair. 
 Add a brightly colored scarf to that outfit that has the too cute sweater you have had for 5 years and never goes out of style, use it around your neck or better yet to make a fun belt to accent the waist . If you are big busted like I am layer it around you to lessen the size of your chest, because I know how self conscious I can be when I know those are standing all out in front. 
Find something that flatters your style and it doesn't have to be form fitting, because trust me that does not work for every frame or person, nor does it work in most cases. 
Add some jewelry pop with beautiful earrings or a big fun necklace and bracelets. 
Fashion is not always what the industry says it is.
Fashion is what you choose to wear that makes you feel sexy, beautiful and most of all comfortable. 

3 comments:

  1. You just inspired me to get creative today. I was going to wear something boring cuz I feel blah and am too tired to care...but maybe if I feel like I look cute I will feel better. I just really wish it wasn't 90 degrees here so I could wear a scarf. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is me, if I feel blah I feel like I need to look blah. But adding that one thing, stepping out and saying I am going to look decent always pulls me out of it. I am glad this gave you the desire to do that.

      Delete
  2. sometimes when i visit gage's school, i feel like maybe i don't dress as mom-ish as some of the other moms. to be fair, gage goes to a school in an area with some really well off neighborhoods full of doctors and engineers. our neighborhood somehow got zoned in with them. but then i think about how i wouldn't feel like myself if i dressed like them. although the closer i get to 30, the more i feel like maybe it's getting time to remove my nose ring. because i don't want to be "that mom" who can't let go of her youth.

    i laughed at your UTI comment. once when i used to work outside the home, one of my coworkers (who was at least 50) was telling me about her most recent encounter with her doctor due to a UTI. she told me her doctor told her to stop having sex doggy style so often. :) i think my mouth dropped because i had never heard my coworker talk like that before.

    ReplyDelete

We are so glad you came by to check out these girls ideas to boost your wardrobe with fun, functional and affordable clothes. Your input and ideas are what keep us doing this and find the best for you on a budget we all can afford. Let us know if you like what you see or if you have an idea for a future post..